National University Bangladesh Admission, Result, Recent Notice, Online Services and Syllabus.
About National University of Bangladesh:
The National University of Bangladesh, popularly known as “NU,” is a parent university of Bangladesh established by an Act of Parliament as an affiliating University of the country to impart graduate and post-graduate level education to the students through its affiliated colleges and professional institutions throughout the country.
It is the third-largest university in the world, according to enrollment. The headquarter is in Gazipur, on the outskirts of Dhaka.
National University was established as an affiliating University for general education at the graduate and postgraduate level in colleges/professional institutions in Bangladesh.
More than 2.8 million students (Male 1.5 and Female 1.3) are studying in 2300 colleges/institutions (Government 275, Non-government 2000; Honours 770+, Masters [both preliminary and final] 145; Women’s 123) affiliated to this university.
The main aims and objectives of establishing the National University is to modernize and improve the curriculum and syllabus at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels of college education, improve the quality of teaching and increase teachers’ training and qualifications. In short, its aims and objectives are as follows:
- To grant and cancel the approval of the college.
- To determine the curriculum for teaching in universities and colleges.
- To arrange teaching and research in the university’s fields for development, dissemination, and advancement of knowledge in the University and College.
- Taking tests and publishing results.
- Issuing the of Degrees, Diplomas, Certificates and Marksheets and Transcripts, etc
- Awarding honorary degrees or honors to a person in exceptional cases as per the constitution
- To provide diploma and training to any person who is not a college or university student
- To inspect the college and its affiliated offices and hostels.
- Necessary collaboration with other universities in 10 countries and universities and academic institutions outside the country.
- Recognition of the commendable contribution of university teachers in the field of education and research Introduction and award of medals and prizes for the achievement of students
- Establishment and maintenance, expansion, consolidation, and consolidation of museums, laboratories, libraries, workshops, schools, centers, and other institutions per the Statutes and University Regulations.
- Provide training for teachers.
- Claim and collect the fees prescribed by University Regulations
- To receive grants or scholarships from any local or foreign person or institution to develop and expand the quality of education in universities and colleges.
- Publication of books and journals for the improvement and progress of teaching and research.
- To achieve the best in education administration management and higher education through the use of information technology
- Improving mental and physical development among the students of the affiliated colleges of the university through co-curricular activities.