UK Government Scholarships 2021: United Kingdom, Great Britain, announced the application to apply in the Wellcome UK Government Scholarships for 2021 session.
They offer a scheme to low and middle-income counties applicants to get training in Master’s Degree Level.
There are a total of two rounds available for this scholarship. The first round is in April 2021 Round, and the second round is the August 2021 round.
About Wellcome UK Government Scholarship:
The Welcome UK Government Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship by the United Kingdom Government introduced this year.
Students from under developing and developing countries (Low and Middle Income) can apply for this scholarship.
This scholarship is for a master’s level degree or training in a master’s program. The duration of this program is 2.5 years (30 Months).
The first phase (1st- 12 Months) is for students to learn the master’s degree. And the rest of the month is for doing the research and project at an eligible organization or institutions in under developing or developing countries in the world apart from India and china mainland.
The main part of this scholarship is that what student will do all the research or project in this program, the UK Government will fully cover the expenses.
Students will not need an IELTS exam Score to study in the UK or be eligible for this program. They need an English proficiency test certificate from the previous institutions or university to apply for the applications.
This scheme will close in 2021. See the Scholarship Roadmap for the final dates.
Wellcome UK Government Scholarships 2021 Roadmap:
|April 2021 (First Round)|
|Application Deadline||:||13 April 2021|
|August 2021 (Final Round)|
|Application Deadline||:||24 August 2021|
Wellcome Trust Scholarship for Developing Countries
Education Level: Masters Degree Training.
Type of Research: Clinical, Public Health, and Basic.
Award Amount: £120,000
Funding Duration: 30 Months.
- Stipend: £16,000 a Year (outside London) or £18,000 a year (in London) to cover the cost of your stipend.
- Travel Costs: (e.g., outward and return airfares)
- Approved Tuition Fees.
- Applicants can also use the above compensation for your visa cost.
List of Countries (Low-Income or Middle-Income Economics)
This is a list of countries with low-income or middle-income economies. The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) compiles this information and revises it every three years.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- China (People’s Republic of)
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Costa Rica
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- North Macedonia
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Helena
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Wallis and Futuna
- West Bank and Gaza Strip
Wellcome UK Government Scholarship Application 2021:
International Students can apply for this stipend Wellcome UK government scholarship if they have some program requirements.
- Applying from the low or middle-income country (list of countries)
- Proposing research focuses on public health or health priority in a poor or moderate-income country.
- Students must have a sponsorship from the eligible host organization.
- They must demonstrate research that is in a relevant field.
- Hold a clinical or non-clinical or clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject.
UK Government fund scientific research to improve the quality of health. So the research proposal should be within the science remit and focuses on a health priority in a low or middle-income country.
The support research on- Genetics and molecular science, Cellular and developmental science, Neuroscience and mental health, Infection and immuno-biology, Physiology, Population health.
Consideration Facts of the Application:
They consider the application, if it have:
- quality and importance of the research question(s).
- feasibility of the approach to solving these problems.
- suitability of the choice of research environments.
- suitability of the taught Master of Science (MSc) course that students select should take place at a recognized center of excellence and provide them with training that will complement their research project.
You can’t apply if you’re:
- intending to be based in the UK, Republic of Ireland, or another high-income country.
- planning to do a Master of Research (MRes).
- a researcher in India.
- currently applying for another Wellcome Trust fellowship.
Note: They wouldn’t usually expect to apply if students already have a Master’s Degree. Please contact them before applying. If an students already been unsuccessful with a full application for this scheme, please contact the scholarship organizations before applying again.
Contact details for the application process or information:
Grants awarded: Please find out about some of the people and projects we’ve funded for this scheme.
If Candidates have a general question about this scheme, contact the information officers:
Send a message to +44 (0)20 7611 5757
If applicants have a question about the scope and content of your proposal, contact the relevant person in one of their science teams.
How to Apply:
International Students just need to visit- this link to apply for this grant. Applicants can also download th Sample full application form for International Master’s Fellowships and International Schemes Application Tips.
More information about this scholarship is available in this website- https://wellcome.org
Wellcome UK Government Scholarships FAQs:
How do I apply for Wellcome UK Government Scholarships ?
Visit- wellcome.org. Log in to our online grants system (Grant Tracker) and complete the application.
Is Wellcome UK Government Scholarship Full Funded ?
Yes, wellcome UK government scholarship is fully funded.
What is the eligibility for the Application ?
Applications from low and middle-income counties who propose a research.
IS IELTS is required for Wellcome UK Government Scholarships ?
No, IELTS is not required for Wellcome UK Government Scholarships.